VSN SELECT HOTEL OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This offer permits access to select hotels (“Hotel”) for a pre-set number of consecutive nights as specified by Hotel. These StarOptions® Hotel offer Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) set forth the legally binding agreement between Vistana Signature Network™. (“Sponsor”) and each “Participant”. Please thoroughly review these Terms and Conditions. Participant must also comply with all applicable Hotel terms and conditions, and policies and procedures, as made available by the Hotel (“Hotel Terms”). The terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any third party providing programs or services directly to the Participant shall apply. By participating in this offer, Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, the Hotel Terms, the terms and conditions of Vistana Signature Network™ (“VSN”) membership, and terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any third party providing programs or services directly to Participants. It is solely a Participant’s responsibility to inform their traveling companion(s) and guests of the contents of these Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Terms and Conditions are defined in accordance with the Vistana Signature Network (“VSN”) rules, unless the context otherwise requires.
- Participants must be VSN members with sufficient available Use Rights to participate in the Hotel offer. Vacation Ownership interests (“VOIs”) purchased through an unauthorized resale agent or HOA resale offer or VOIs not enrolled in the VSN are not eligible for this offer.
- Only eligible VOIs with Use Rights in the year of or the year after the Hotel booking transaction date are eligible. Multiple eligible VOIs may be combined and applied toward a Hotel booking. Bonus StarOptions may also be used for vacation offers made available through the VSN Select Program.
- Hotel bookings can be requested and booked as early as January prior to the Use Year of the VOI being used toward a Hotel booking
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older with photo identification to reserve. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same room by a parent, relative, or guardian 21 years or older. Please consult the Hotel Terms when booking a Hotel.
- Hotel bookings are on a first-come, first-served basis based on availability during the specified offer period.
- Hotel reservations may be funded with established StarOptions required by travel dates and room category based on double occupancy and include taxes and resort fees (if applicable) only as specified.
- Reserving a Hotel is a final transaction and StarOptions cannot be reinstated for use for any purpose, including, without limitation, a Home Resort reservation, a Network Float Period reservation, StarOptions Banking, conversion to points with the Marriot Bonvoy™ program, exchange, VSN Select offers, or listing for rental
- Rates are based on double occupancy and additional guest fees may apply. All offers are subject to availability, and capacity controls may apply.
- Reserving multiple hotel rooms for a Hotel (same date) and reserving multiple Hotels within a calendar year is permissible.
- Reservations must be confirmed in writing by Sponsor or its designee (“Booking Confirmation/Hotel Receipt”). This document will be sent to you within two weeks of the booking date. You must receive a Booking Confirmation/Hotel Receipt before arriving at the applicable Hotel. Guests’ names must accurately reflect their complete names. It is solely the Participant’s responsibility to review and verify all information on the Booking Confirmation/Hotel Receipt for accuracy and completeness. Notify Sponsor immediately if any changes or corrections are needed. Failure to do so constitutes acceptance of the information contained on the Booking Confirmation/Hotel Receipt as accurate
- Modification or changes to Hotel reservations after a completed booking by the Participant are subject to change/penalty fee. The amount of this fee may vary by Hotel.
- StarOptions may be used toward new Hotel bookings only and cannot be applied toward a previously booked Hotel.
- Hotel bookings may be reserved for a third party and may not be used for any commercial purpose, sold, transferred, bartered or exchanged for any other considerations.
- StarOptions Hotel bookings are not eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy loyalty points or to receive loyalty program benefits.
- VOI Upgrade Transaction: Participant understands and agrees that he or she may only keep a Hotel reservation for the Owned VOI if the reservation is based upon the current year occupancy of the owned VOI and only if all maintenance fees and taxes for the owned VOI have been paid. Any Hotel reservation based upon future year occupancy of the VOI will be canceled.
- All fees, association assessments, network dues and taxes associated with the VOI(s) must be current at the time of the Hotel booking.
- Ground/air transportation and travel insurance are not included in Hotel booking and are at the expense of the Participant.
- Additional Hotel services and incidental room charges, including, without limitation, such as rollaway bed, parking fees, spa treatments, beverages, alcoholic beverages, dining, and gratuities are not included and are at the Participant’s expense and shall be paid directly to the Hotel. All information is subject to change without notice.
- Cancellations must be made through a Vacation Ownership Advisor by calling 844-840-1581 or 407-903-4455 and subject to the cancellation policy. Additional cancellation penalties by the Hotel may apply as set forth by the Hotel Terms.
- Hotel policies may treat name changes and departure date changes as cancellations.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for the reimbursement of fees or penalties that may be incurred or forfeited as the result of cancellation of a Hotel.
- Reserving a Hotel is a final transaction and StarOptions cannot be reinstated for any purpose, including, without limitation, a Home Resort reservation, a Network Float Period reservation, StarOptions Banking, conversion to points with the Marriott Bonvoy program, VSN Select offers, external exchange or rental.
- In the event of a conflict between these Hotel cancellation terms and those set forth in the Hotel Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- Cancellation will be effective as of the date of receipt of the request. It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure receipt of cancellation request. Be advised that Sponsor, as the Hotel administrator, forwards your payment for your Hotel to the Hotel or other supplier. If for any reason you should cancel your Hotel booking, your refund (less applicable penalties) will be returned to you by the Sponsor, as Hotel administrator, only when the Sponsor has received a refund from the Hotel or other supplier. This refund may take up to six (6) to eight (8) weeks from the cancellation date.
- You may be subject to additional terms and conditions as set forth by the Hotel Terms.
- All travelers must have in their possession proper documentation required by the United States and any foreign country visited. Travelers are advised to consult with the appropriate governmental agencies and embassies to determine what documentation will be required for them and their guests prior to departure. Neither Sponsor nor its Booking Agent assumes any responsibility for advising travelers of immigration requirements. No refund will be issued if you fail to bring proper documentation.
- Sponsor reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions, as well as supplement, terminate or extend the Hotel offer at any time without notice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER SPONSOR SHALL BE LIABLE FOR — AND DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR — ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, DELAY, DEATH OR INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS (WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN) OF THE HOTEL LINE OR OTHER SUPPLIERS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. SPONSOR’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS (WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN) OF SPONSOR WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO SPONSOR FOR THE HOTEL. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SAME. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY TO SPONSOR, BOOKING AGENT OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND AGENTS.
* Booking Agent is a registered seller of travel in the following states: California: Seller of Travel Registration No. 2030985-50. (Registration as a Seller of Travel in California does not constitute approval by the State of California). Iowa: Travel Agency Registration Number 837. Washington: Seller of Travel Registration No. 601 765 244. Florida: Booking Agent is exempt from registration as a Seller of Travel in Florida (ST-10224). The laws of California and Washington require certain sellers of travel to have a trust account or bond. Booking Agent has bonds issued by Fidelity and Deposit Company of Maryland in the amount of $50,000 each in the State of California and the State of Washington. Booking Agent does not participate in the Travel Consumer Restitution Fund in California. Disclosures: Washington. If transportation or other services are cancelled by Booking Agent, all sums paid to Booking Agent for services not performed in accordance with the contract between Booking Agent and the purchaser will be refunded within thirty days of the receiving the funds from the vendor with whom the services were arranged, or if the funds were not sent to the vendor, the funds shall be returned within fourteen days after cancellation by Booking Agent to the purchaser unless the purchaser requests the seller of travel to apply the money to another travel product and/or date. California. Booking Agent is not a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. This transaction is not covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. You are not eligible to file a claim against that fund in the event of Booking Agent’s default. Upon cancellation of the transportation or travel services where the passenger is not at fault and has not canceled in violation of any terms and conditions previously clearly and conspicuously disclosed and agreed to by the passenger, all sums paid to Booking Agent for services not provided will be promptly paid to the participant, unless the participant advises Booking Agent in writing, after cancellation. This provision does not apply where Booking Agent has remitted the payment to another registered wholesale seller of travel or a carrier, without obtaining a refund, and where the wholesaler or provider defaults in providing the agreed-upon transportation or service. In this situation, Booking Agent will provide the passenger with a written statement accompanied by bank records establishing the disbursement of the payment, and if disbursed to a wholesale seller of travel, proof of current registration of that wholesaler.