2019 VSN Elite Owner Event Cruise Terms and Conditions
These StarOptions® Owner Event Cruise Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") set forth the legally binding agreement between Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. ("Sponsor") and each "Participant." Please thoroughly review these Terms and Conditions. You must also comply with all applicable cruise line terms and conditions, and policies and procedures, as made available by the cruise line ("Cruise Line Terms"). It is solely your responsibility to inform your traveling companion(s) and guests of the contents of these Terms and Conditions. The terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any third party providing programs or services directly to you shall apply. By purchasing a cruise (including related travel) through this Sponsor offer you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, the Cruise Line Terms, the terms and conditions of Vistana Signature Network™ ("VSN") membership, and terms and conditions of purchase imposed by any third party providing programs or services directly to you.
- Participants must be 3-, 4- or 5-Star VSN Elite Members with sufficient available Use Rights to participate in the 2019 Elite Owner Event Cruise offer. Restricted or banked StarOptions and 2018 Vacation Ownership Interests (“VOIs”) from The Westin St. John Resort Villas or VOIs purchased through an unauthorized resale agent or HOA resale offer, or VOIs not enrolled in the VSN at the applicable Elite level are not eligible for this offer.
- Only eligible VOIs with 2018 or 2019 Use Rights are eligible. Eligible 2018 Use Rights may only be used for bookings completed through September 7, 2018. Multiple eligible VOIs may be combined and applied toward the Owner Event Cruise booking.
- Cruise bookings can be requested and booked only during the Owner Event Cruise offer period.
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same cabin by a parent, relative, or guardian 25 years old or older. Most cruise lines have specific age restrictions for infants, as well as pregnancy restrictions. Please consult the Cruise Line Terms when booking a cruise.
- Owner Event Cruise booking is on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to availability.
- Owner Event Cruise reservations may be funded with established StarOptions plus cash required based on sailing itinerary and stateroom category based on double occupancy and include port charges, taxes, prepaid gratuities and event inclusions only as specified.
- Reserving a cruise is a final transaction and StarOptions cannot be reinstated for use for any purpose, including, without limitation, a Home Resort reservation, a Network Float Period reservation, StarOptions Banking, conversion to Marriott Bonvoy™ Points with the Marriott Bonvoy™ program, external exchange or listing for rental.
- Rates are based on double occupancy and minimum and maximum StarOptions apply. Maximum of two (2) persons per stateroom permitted. Special rates may not be applicable with other offers. All offers are for the specified sailing date, itinerary, and cabin categories only, are subject to availability, and are capacity-controlled.
- Reserving multiple staterooms for the Owner Event Cruise (same sailing date and itinerary) is permissible with a maximum of two staterooms with one stateroom being occupied by the Owner.
- Reservations must be confirmed in writing by Sponsor or its designee ("Booking Confirmation/Cruise Receipt"). This document will be sent to you within two weeks of the booking date. You must receive a Booking Confirmation/Cruise Receipt before arriving at the applicable ship. Passengers' names must accurately reflect their complete legal names as they appear on their respective proof of citizenship documents. It is solely your responsibility to review and verify all information on the Booking Confirmation/Cruise Receipt for accuracy and completeness, and check the spelling of all names carefully. Notify Sponsor immediately if any changes or corrections are needed. Failure to do so constitutes acceptance of the information contained on the Booking Confirmation/Cruise Receipt as accurate.
- StarOptions may be used toward new cruise bookings only and cannot be applied toward a previously booked cruise. In addition, StarOptions may not be applied toward spa treatments, beverages, alcoholic beverages, casino gambling, shopping, organized tours, babysitting or other fees as determined by VSN.
- Owner Event Cruise bookings must be booked by the Owner and may not be used for any commercial purpose, be reserved for a third party, sold, transferred, bartered or exchanged for any other considerations.
- Owner Event Cruises are not eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy Points awards or Marriott Bonvoy benefits.
- VOI Upgrade Transaction: If Participant upgrades his or her VOI(s) after confirming an Event Cruise reservation, Participant understands and agrees that he or she may only keep an Event Cruise reservation if the new VOI(s) has 2019 year occupancy and has adequate Use Rights to maintain the Event Cruise reservation. If adequate Use Rights do not exist to hold the current Event Cruise reservation, Participant understands and agrees that the Event Cruise reservation will be canceled.
- The Owner Event Cruise StarOptions supplement cash fees are charged in full at the time of booking.
- All fees, association assessments, network dues and taxes associated with the VOI(s) must be paid in full at the time of the Owner Event Cruise booking.
- Ground/air transportation is not included in cruise booking and is at the expense of the Participants.
- Except as expressly stated in the Owner Event Cruise offer, onboard services, such as spa treatments, beverages, alcoholic beverages, casino gambling, shopping, organized tours, babysitting and optional specialty dining packages, are not included and are at the Owner’s expense and shall be paid directly to the cruise line. All prices may not be available at time of booking. All information is subject to change without notice.
- If the Owner Event Cruise offer includes additional items (shore excursions, onboard credit, etc.) Participants will not be refunded if they fail to attend such event.
- Cancellations must be made through a Cruise Specialist by calling 844-840-1578 or 407-903-4021 and are subject to the cancellation policy. Additional cancellation penalties by the cruise line may apply to the cancellation of onboard services as set forth by the Cruise Line Terms.
- Cruise line policies may treat name changes and departure date changes as cancellations.
- Neither the Sponsor nor its booking agent, Worldwide Vacation & Travel, Inc.* ("Booking Agent"), is responsible for the reimbursement of fees or penalties that may be incurred or forfeited as the result of cancellation of a cruise.
- Reserving a cruise is a final transaction and StarOptions cannot be reinstated for any purpose, including, without limitation, a Home Resort reservation, a Network Float Period reservation, StarOptions Banking, conversion to Marriott Bonvoy Points with Marriott Bonvoy, external exchange or rental.
- In addition, any cash portion of Participant’s payment for a cruise will be subject to the Cruise Lines Terms, which vary by cruise line and may be subject to penalty upon cancellation.
- Cancellation will be effective as of the date of receipt of the request. It is solely the Participant's responsibility to ensure receipt of cancellation request. Be advised that Sponsor, as the cruise administrator, and its Booking Agent forward your payment for your cruise to the cruise line or other supplier. If for any reason you should cancel your cruise booking, your refund (less applicable penalties) will be returned to you by Sponsor, as cruise administrator, only to the extent that Sponsor has received a refund from the cruise line or other supplier. This refund may take up to six (6) to eight (8) weeks from the cancellation date.
- You may be subject to additional terms and conditions as set forth by the Cruise Line Terms.
- All travelers must have in their possession proper documentation required by the United States and any foreign port visited. The names on the Booking Confirmation/Cruise Receipt must match such documentation exactly. Travelers are advised to consult with the appropriate governmental agencies and embassies to determine what documentation will be required for them and their guests prior to departure. Neither Sponsor nor its Booking Agent assumes any responsibility for advising travelers of immigration requirements. No refund will be issued if you fail to bring proper documentation and you will not be allowed to board the ship.
- Cruise line carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the vessel, or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity.
- Sponsor reserves the right to change the terms and conditions, as well as supplement, terminate or extend the Owner Event Cruise offer at any time without notice.
- Travel insurance is available through a third party provider with coverage for the cash supplement portion of the cruise booking only. Information about travel insurance is available at www.etravelprotection.com/wvt. For cruises, insurance may be purchased anytime up until 24 hours prior to departure. Air travel insurance may be purchased any time up to 24 hours prior to departure. Other restrictions may apply to the purchase of travel insurance under certain circumstances.
- Travel insurance premiums are non-refundable and generally will not cover pre-existing conditions.
- To file a claim for any insurance coverage purchased, please contact Allianz Global Assistance at 888-427-5047.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS BOOKING AGENT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR AND DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, DELAY, DEATH OR INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS (WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN) OF THE CRUISE LINE OR OTHER SUPPLIERS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. SPONSOR'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS AND/OR REPRESENTATIONS (WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN) OF SPONSOR WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO SPONSOR FOR THE CRUISE. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SAME. THIS LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY TO SPONSOR, BOOKING AGENT OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE/AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS AND AGENTS.
* Booking Agent is a registered seller of travel in the following states: California: Seller of Travel Registration No. 2030985-50. (Registration as a Seller of Travel in California does not constitute approval by the State of California). Iowa: Travel Agency Registration Number 837. Washington: Seller of Travel Registration No. 601 765 244. Florida: Booking Agent is exempt from registration as a Seller of Travel in Florida (ST-10224). The laws of California and Washington require certain sellers of travel to have a trust account or bond. Booking Agent has bonds issued by Fidelity and Deposit Company of Maryland in the amount of $50,000 each in the State of California and the State of Washington. Booking Agent does not participate in the Travel Consumer Restitution Fund in California. Disclosures: Washington. If transportation or other services are cancelled by Booking Agent, all sums paid to Booking Agent for services not performed in accordance with the contract between Booking Agent and the purchaser will be refunded within 30 days of receiving the funds from the vendor with whom the services were arranged, or if the funds were not sent to the vendor, the funds shall be returned within 14 days after cancellation by Booking Agent to the purchaser unless the purchaser requests the seller of travel to apply the money to another travel product and/or date. California. Booking Agent is not a participant in the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. This transaction is not covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. You are not eligible to file a claim against that fund in the event of Booking Agent’s default. Upon cancellation of the transportation or travel services where the passenger is not at fault and has not canceled in violation of any terms and conditions previously clearly and conspicuously disclosed and agreed to by the passenger, all sums paid to Booking Agent for services not provided will be promptly paid to the passenger, unless the passenger advises Booking Agent in writing, after cancellation. This provision does not apply where Booking Agent has remitted the payment to another registered wholesale seller of travel or a carrier, without obtaining a refund, and where the wholesaler or provider defaults in providing the agreed-upon transportation or service. In this situation, Booking Agent will provide the passenger with a written statement accompanied by bank records establishing the disbursement of the payment, and if disbursed to a wholesale seller of travel, proof of current registration of that wholesaler.