Discover your own tasty fruit “sushi” creations at home with this unique activity.
While you may not be able to vacation, you can still stay connected at home. Make your own tasty fruit “sushi” creations with this unique activity, and an afternoon inspired by vacation snacks. Grab your favorite fruit to get started:
What You’ll Need:
1 ½ cups short grain rice
2 cups water
3 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut milk
½ teaspoon vanilla
Seasonal fruit (your choice)
Sushi rolling pad and wax paper
1. In a medium pot, combine the rice, water, sugar and salt. Cook on low heat for about 20 minutes or until all the rice absorbs the water. Add the coconut milk and vanilla. The mixture should be moldable.
2. Lay a sushi rolling pad on a countertop and place a square of wax paper over the top. Spread the rice about ½ inch thick over the paper into approximately a 7×5” rectangle.
3. Slice fruit of choice into long pieces.
4. Lay the fruit pieces on the rice and roll up carefully.
5. Optional: Blend ¼ cup raspberries with ¼ cup water to make a dipping sauce.