Enjoy the sweet taste of vacation by making homemade ice cream with your family.
Nothing screams vacation quite like ice cream. And while it may be difficult to visit your favorite ice cream parlor right now, you can still enjoy this favorite treat in the comfort of your vacation villa or at home.
Ice Cream in a Bag
Brought to you from our resort activities department, this is a family-fun project you can do with a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients (one serving):
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup ice cream salt
Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
1 quart-size zip lock bag
1 gallon-size zip lock bag
1. Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.
2. Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag.
3. Place the sealed smaller bag inside the larger bag and seal the larger bag.
4. Shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 8-10 minutes).
5. Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, cut off the corner of the bag, and squeeze it into a bowl.
6. Top with fruit, sprinkles or candies and enjoy!