For baseball fanatics and casual fans alike, there are no better places to be than Arizona and Florida for MLB Spring Training action.
The Phoenix area and many cities in Central and Southern Florida are nothing short of baseball heaven throughout the entire month of March, as all of MLB’s 30 teams converge (15 in each state — dubbed the “Cactus League” in Arizona and the “Grapefruit League” in Florida) to sharpen their skills for the upcoming season.
Every spring, the Boys of Summer return to play exhibition games, get ready for the upcoming campaign, and give fans a more intimate, up-close-and-personal baseball experience than they could ever get from a regular-season game.
Whether it’s the Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants or Los Angeles Dodgers in Arizona, or the New York Yankees, Atlanta Braves or St. Louis Cardinals in Florida, with most ballparks grouped closely throughout each area, you’ll never have too far to go to catch your favorite teams and stars.
For the ultimate Spring Training getaway, a vacation villa makes the ideal home base to relax, recharge, and enjoy all the resort amenities after each day of taking in ballgames in the perfect spring weather. You’ll have the space to unwind, enjoy time together, and look forward to tomorrow’s games.
And when not catching one of the countless games or meeting players and collecting autographs, there’s always plenty to do. Each area has shopping, dining, golf and culture to perfectly round out each and every day.
Whether you’re a big-time fan, or just want to enjoy breezy outdoor paradise at one of the best times of the year, planning a Spring Training getaway is guaranteed to be a hit.
SPRING TRAINING FUN FACTS
– There are two Spring Training leagues, consisting of 15 teams each. The Cactus League (Arizona), and the Grapefruit League (Florida).
– Pitchers and catchers typically report to Spring Training a week earlier than the rest of the players.
– Since 2009, college teams have beat MLB teams a total of three times in exhibition games.
– Unlike regular season games, Spring Training games can sometimes end in ties.
– In 2015, actor Will Ferrell played every position on the field for 10 different Cactus League teams in a single day, all for charity.