Get the whole family together and try creating this one-of-a-kind mosaic puzzle art at home.
Your children are home from school, which means more time to spend together — and more ideas needed for entertainment. Our resorts have you covered with a DIY puzzle piece art mosaic that’s fun for the whole family. Gather a puzzle, craft supplies, wax paper, and glue to get started:
Store-bought puzzle appropriate for the age(s) of your kid(s)
Crayons, color pencils, markers, etc.
Wax paper (or newspaper, or tinfoil, or something you have handy to protect your surface)
Sponge or paintbrush
1. Divide the puzzle pieces between each person, then have each person decorate the back of the puzzle piece however they like. If you want to know whose piece it is in the final product, add name/initials to the pieces. Depending on the age/handwriting of your kid(s), you may want to do this ahead of time.
2. Each person adds his/her artwork in any style – have fun with it!
3. Lay out wax paper and complete the puzzle on top (you’ll be gluing the pieces together, so you don’t want to skip this step).
4. When everyone is finished with their art pieces, flip the puzzle pieces over and assemble.
5. When the puzzle is complete, brush a thin layer of glue over the puzzle and let dry.
6. When the glue is completely dry, flip the puzzle over and see how your family’s puzzle piece art mosaic turned out!