Delicious Food With No Queue
Take your taste buds on vacation with a meal at one of these award-winning Orlando restaurants.
Orlando, Florida, continues to grow its thriving culinary scene, and the prestigious Michelin Guide has taken notice. The City Beautiful scored dozens of spots with a variety of restaurants recognized in the most recent rankings. With multiple centrally located The Marriott Vacation Clubs™ properties in the Orlando area, you’re never too far from an award-winning taste you’ll love. Here are highlights to whet your appetite and inspire reservations for your next Orlando vacation:*
Michelin One-Star Restaurants
The highest grade obtained in the city, these fine dining establishments specialize in high-quality cooking. Be sure to book a reservation before your vacation and check each restaurant’s website for special instructions such as dress codes.
- Soseki: Located in nearby Winter Park, Florida, Soseki wows guests with its contemporary take on omakase, a Japanese-style chef’s tasting. With what Michelin inspectors dubbed “a laser-like focus on local Florida produce,” this 10-seat sushi restaurant crafts a two-hour dining experience of a dozen or so artfully prepared dishes.
- Knife & Spoon: Sitting in at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes, Knife & Spoon conveys “the picture of plush.” More specifically, it’s “contemporary steakhouse fare woven with seafood,” according to Michelin. Conceived and led by celebrity Chef John Tesar, the menu also features pasta dishes like gnocchi in a porcini mushroom sauce and creative sides like kimchi creamed spinach and tempura onion rings.
- Kadence: With fewer than 10 seats, this sushi and sake bar in Orlando’s Audubon Park neighborhood offers a modern take on the classic omakase experience. Expect a “free-spirited” dining experience from chef-owners Mark and Jennifer Berdin, who previously worked at Michelin-caliber restaurants in New York and London.
- Capa: This upscale restaurant on the 17th floor of the Four Seasons Resort Orlando pairs hickory-grilled steaks with Spanish-style tapas. The Spanish influences are felt in every dish from flame-kissed ribeye with tamarind-ancho sauce to the patatas bravas.
Bib Gourmand Restaurants
In addition to Orlando’s starred restaurants, Michelin Guide recognized seven eateries as “friendly establishments that serve good food at moderate prices.” At these restaurants, you can enjoy two courses and dessert for typically less than $50 per person. The price may be lower than Michelin Star locations, but the quality of food is as high as ever. Check each restaurant’s website to see if reservations are needed.
- Bombay Street Kitchen: This colorful eatery on South Orange Blossom Trail offers authentic Indian small plates. Look for standouts like street special dosa and vegetarian fare.
- Domu: Tucked in the back of East End Market in Audubon Park, this trendy ramen spot delivers a “classic-meets-creative menu” with house-made noodles as the star. Slurp up the flavorful Richie Rich (miso-pork ramen) or try the Chuka (cold ramen salad). And don’t forget to indulge on their famous extra-crispy chicken wings.
- Papa Llama: This neighborhood gem in the Curry Ford West district features a Peruvian-inspired menu of shareable items like Papas a la Huancaína (fingerling potatoes with spicy ají amarillo cream and salsa verde) and lomo (skirt steak stir-fry).
- The Ravenous Pig: This modern Winter Park gastropub serves “classic pub fare with creative Southern spins.” Visit during the warmer months to take advantage of the on-site brewery and beer garden.
- Strand: The cozy Mills 50 restaurant offers a seasonal American menu that “brims with nostalgic Southern inspiration.” The husband-and-wife team Alda and Joe Rees puts a contemporary twist on classic dishes like dry-rubbed Alabama chicken with a side of fried mac and cheese.
- Swine and Sons: Nestled inside Winter Park’s The Local Butcher & Market sits this specialty sandwich shop. You’ll find friendly counter service and Southern-inspired bites like a hot chicken sandwich that is “just dang delicious.”
- Z Asian Vietnamese Kitchen: This Southeast Asian eatery in the Mills 50 district puts its own spin on traditional Vietnamese dishes like bún chay (vermicelli noodles) and bột chiên (pan-fried rice flour cake).
Orlando also landed another 22 spots on Michelin’s list of recommended restaurants — those offering a delicious meal using quality, well-cooked ingredients. These culinary hot spots include Hawkers (Asian street food in the Mills 50 neighborhood), Maxine’s on Shine (brunch spot in Colonialtown), and Pizza Bruno (Neapolitan-style pies in Curry Ford West). Find the complete list of restaurants on the Michelin Guide’s website.
Where To Stay
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Placed in the heart of the theme park district, you’re not far from Orlando’s big three attractions: Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld®. Enjoy an exciting day of theme parks or visit the city’s other attractions like ICON Park, award-winning golf courses, and more.
During your resort stay, spend time by the sparkling pools, play a round of tennis or basketball, or enjoy the game room with pool tables, air hockey, and arcade games. Recharge from a fun-filled day by dining at Azzula, Castaways Bar & Grill, Zimmie’s Bar & Grill, or Mai Tiki Hut. And at the end of the day, return to your spacious 1- or 2-bedroom villa and enjoy a homemade snack in the fully equipped kitchen before heading to bed.
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Located on famous International Drive, this centrally located resort puts you in the middle of the action. Hit the theme parks for a day of adventuring. Explore International Drive restaurants, attractions, escape rooms, and more. Hitch a ride on the I-RIDE Trolley and visit some of the most popular attractions in the city.
Make a day of resort fun and enjoy all the amenities you come to expect from a premium resort. Splash and play in the St. Augustine pool, which features a pirate ship and water cannons. Take a moment to relax in the water next to rock waterfalls and cabanas at the Bella pool. Have fun and stay fit at the fitness center. Accommodations include fully equipped kitchens and washers and dryers.
By Lisa A. Beach and Tyler Bohlman
Book one of these Orlando resorts on your Owner website.
* Marriott Vacation Club International and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries make no warranty, express or implied, as to the condition, capacity, performance, or any other aspect of the activities, events, or service providers listed herein. No inquiry has been made into the activities or events, or the qualifications or the quality of food or services offered by the providers. Do not consider this an endorsement of or recommendation for any of the activities, food, events, or providers. Hours of operation and offerings of any food, events, and service providers are subject to change.